little miss reverse

A journey from ME/CFS to health using Reverse Therapy and Lightning Process

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Bodymind in charge & headmind OK with that

Over the last couple of weeks a couple of things have happened that have made me realise that I'm really listening to my Bodymind these days and not letting that daft old headmind get the better of me. The strange thing is that headmind is now playing ball and going along with it - hurrah!

Firstly, I've left my college course because my fees weren't going to be paid, even though they were in my first year. Anyway, it's a rule change that happened whilst I had deferred because of ill health and my tutor thinks that I am being discriminated against on the grounds of my disability. He said we could take it further if I wanted to. My headmind really did want to complete the course because that is what I have always strived to do in the past. Work really, really hard to achieve and I have done. Thing is...bodymind really couldn't be bothered and didn't really see the point of another qualification, even though I'm only 2 pieces of work off completing my HNC after 3 years of work. Headmind was saying, "come on, just a bit more work and you'll be there", bodymind was saying, "I'm there anyway, I've learnt loads and I'm happy with that". So I haven't pursued it, which I would have done in the past.

The other thing is to do with work. I worked 5 afternoons last week and although I managed it, I've been really tired (not ME tired). I thought I would make it to the end of next week as it's half term then, but yesterday morning, half way through the week, I got up and thought I'm not sure if I can do this without really pushing myself. On the drive to work, I decided that I wasn't going to go in the next day. I told them that I needed to go down to 3 days as of now and they were fine with it. I didn't give them much notice and this would have made me hold back before, but I knew it was what I needed to do.

So, this morning I'm sat at my computer and I feel like I could have managed to go into work today, but I know that I've done the right thing by my bodymind. I didn't leave it until it got to crisis point and I didn't allow letting others down to get in the way of doing what I needed to do.

I know these things aren't major lifechange things, but they are me putting my new way of behaving into practice to keep myself healthy and happy. So bodymind is telling me what I need to do and headmind is OK with it and I'm not getting in a tiz over it. I'm feel pretty good about it at the moment.

1 Comments:

At 10:18 am, Blogger Little Miss Bristol said...

Maryanne if you read this...

Hi, I emailed you, but it was returned.

Try again or join this forum to chat with me and others:

www.curecfs.com

Miss B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home