little miss reverse

A journey from ME/CFS to health using Reverse Therapy and Lightning Process

Monday, September 19, 2005

ooh my head hurts

In my last post I mentioned that I went belly dancing. By the Friday, I felt fine and my aches had reduced a lot, so I went swimming and went to bed at about 11pm.

On Saturday I woke up at 12.30pm (13 and a half hrs sleep!) feeling a bit tired but OK. I know that my sleep going right up like this is a warning not to do to much more physical activity. I still decided to do part of my college assignment though, which involved going out and taking photographs. That went fine and I felt good until about 6pm, when my energy really dropped. I felt tired though, not fatigued and just decided to have a very chilled night at home.

Now, it is that time of the month again and wouldn't you just believe it, the same old pattern. I woke up on Sunday, suddenly having doubts about my relationship and getting paranoid (this is becoming a regular, bi-monthly feature - ooh what shall I get anxious about next month?), so spoke to my man and we sorted it all out very quickly, like bodymind wanted me to. I also did some RT in the evening after going on the computer.

This morning I woke up at 6.30am. This is an ME flare up thing for me. I lay in bed until 8am then got up, got myself sorted and went into college. I was tired before I started, but managed the 2 hour tutorial. I realised at that point that although I felt absolutely shattered, my eyes were really puffy and my brain felt tired, that I could feel all these things on some more surface level but underneath I felt OK. It's really difficult to explain.

I know that these 'symptoms' are brought on by my period and this month is the first time I have felt them as symptoms of PMS separately from the ME. I didn't feel fatigued in my body and I didn't have the tension that runs across my shoulders, up my neck and across my scalp. The sleep thing is the ME, the rest of today I can put down to PMS. It's not been the best day (see my next post). it's not exactly what I wanted, as I don't want to have ME or PMS, but I think it is a step forward.

Actually, maybe I should mention that after the last one, I decided to start taking Agnus Castus, which is recommended for PMS. Also about a week ago, I decided to go belt and braces and bought some Milk Thistle too.

I still have some days to go, but if this is the severity of the flare up this month, then its not nearly as bad as before, even though I had a migraine style headache earlier and had to go to bed until the paracetemol kicked in. Can't be too bad if I'm able to write this, but maybe I shouldn't push my luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home