little miss reverse

A journey from ME/CFS to health using Reverse Therapy and Lightning Process

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

achoo!

I have a cold, hurrah! It's my second one in a year, so I think my immune system is starting to go back to normal. I only had one cold in the first 3 years of ME. I haven't had any signs of ME symptoms either. Possibly been a bit more tired than someone without ME or maybe I'm just better at listening to my body these days and have allowed myself to just stop.

As RT is going to be a way of life for me now, I took this opportunity to show my body that I am going to look after it properly from now on. I have stayed at home, snuggled up on the sofa for the last 2 days, taking vitamin C, drinking hot ginger, lemon and honey tea (with a good kick of fresh ginger) and just taking it easy whilst I could feel the virus in my body. I get a bit dizzy when I have a virus and know to take it easy. I phoned up the agency and instead of just cancelling work for today, I cancelled the whole of the week.

Now it's only a cold, I know, but in the past I have barely given myself time to get over illness before heading straight back to work. This is my chance to get it right this time, start as I mean to go on and all that.

I feel a lot better today, the sneezing has all but stopped and the dizziness has lifted, so I've kicked it into touch really quickly - only caught it on Sunday.

I can't help but feel positive about things at the minute. Even a cold feels like a step forward lol!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home